Friday, July 26, 2013

 

Kindness



I have worked in the field of social work, mental health, and psychiatry for 38 years.  I have worked with many doctors, nurses, and therapists of all kinds.  Some are very smart.  Some are very well trained. Most like the work they do.  However, these qualities are not what makes a good therapist.  Sometimes the best therapists are those with the least training and education.

Yesterday I was reading Facebook.  I saw an old quote Dalal Lama. It said simply, "Kindness is my religion."    I too would like to affirm this and if there is anything consistent I have seen in good therapists over the years, and I believe it is the most important trait,  it is kindness.

We all need to meditate at the alter of kindness.









<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?